Monday, August 24, 2009

You know those parents that hold headphones to Mama's beachball-sized pregnant belly in order to surround their baby with music before its ears are even exposed to the outside world? Yep, that baby was me. And perhaps even weirder than the fact that my parents actually tried this little social experiment ... it worked. As a girl who's been singing ever since I could talk, a few minutes of conversation with me will reveal where my true passion lies: music. Music of any kind. Singing music, creating music, listening to music, dancing to music, learning new music. Therefore, it only seems fitting that my blog be about what I love most.

As a little background information, my name is Kate Worthey, and I'm a junior Telecommunication Arts and Psychology double major. Fortunately for you, I won't be boring you with a blog full of random commentary on whatever songs and artists seem to strike my fancy for the day. Instead, I'll most likely be boring you with the musical drama of my everyday life- it's times like these I wish life could have a soundtrack. I'm in a co-ed a cappella group here at UGA, With Someone Else's Money; as if that weren't enough to provide a plethora of silly, melodramatic, and at times even infuriating stories, I'm also taking African Drumming with Dr. Scott this semester. It seems pretty promising in the providing-awesome-stories department thus far. And, to top it all off, I'm embarking on my newest music adventure tomorrow by joining Pamoja hip-hop dance ensemble. From what I've already seen, it should prove to be quite the experience.

So, ladies and gentleman, sit back, relax, crank up that ipod ... and let the show begin.

1 comment:

  1. I made the mistake of reading this blog early in the morning. Too much energy to fast. But I look forward to your tales. Narrative is a powerful tool. We seem to hunger for stories. Best way to get an idea across. What do you think?

    As I write this, I keep thinking about the word "feisty." How many feisty people do you know? Interesting adjective.

    Oh, one grammar thing. In the first sentence, the "that" should be a "who." Refers to people, who are who's, not that's. [These grammar comments, as I said in earlier posts, are for the whole class, not just the individual blogger. We all tend to make the same mistakes.]

    ReplyDelete